I am a qualified psychotherapist practising both privately and within the third sector. I hold a Clinical Diploma and MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy, a Post-Graduate Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapeutic Counselling, and a Foundation Certificate in Interpersonal and Counselling Skills. I trained at the Metanoia Institute, one of the leading clinical and academic institutions for psychotherapy in the UK.
I am a registered member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and I abide by their ethical framework. I am therefore committed to my personal development as a practitioner: I attend regular clinical supervision and CPD to support my work. Areas of particular interest and specialism include trauma, somatic therapies, and the impact of marginalisation. I am currently training as a yoga teacher and I invite clients to involve their bodies in their psychotherapeutic work.
I have worked with clients from a range of cultural backgrounds, across a variety of settings, including at the Metanoia Counselling and Psychotherapy Service, Refugee Council, Highbury Counselling Centre, Centrepoint and Room to Heal.
I have experience of working with people suffering with a range of difficulties including:
- Low mood and depression
- Relationship difficulties (individual and couples work)
- Generalised anxiety, social anxiety and panic attacks
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Issues linked to gender, sexuality or relationship diversity
- Intergenerational and transgenerational trauma
- Racial trauma and internalised racism
- Parenting difficulties
- Child abuse (physical, sexual or emotional abuse or neglect)
- Domestic abuse (psychological, emotional, sexual, physical and financial abuse)
- Hearing voices
- Intrusive thoughts and rumination
- Low self-esteem or self-confidence
- Sexual difficulties
- Bereavement and loss
- Suicidal thoughts or feelings
- Burnout and vicarious trauma
Find out about my approach, and what to expect from the therapy, here.
If you would like enquire about private counselling or book an initial consultation, please contact me.