I am a qualified psychotherapist practising both privately and within the third sector. I hold a Clinical Diploma and MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy, a Post-Graduate Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapeutic Counselling, and a Foundation Certificate in Interpersonal and Counselling Skills. I trained at the Metanoia Institute, one of the leading clinical and academic institutions for psychotherapy in the UK.
I am a registered member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and I abide by their ethical framework. I am therefore committed to my personal development as a practitioner: I attend regular clinical supervision and CPD to support my work. I am also a member of Psychotherapists and Counsellors for Social Responsibility (PCSR).
I have worked with clients from a range of cultural backgrounds, across a variety of settings, including at the Metanoia Counselling and Psychotherapy Service, Refugee Council, Highbury Counselling Centre, Centrepoint and Room to Heal.
I have experience of working with people suffering with a range of difficulties including:
- Low mood and depression
- Relationship difficulties
- Generalised anxiety, social anxiety and panic attacks
- Trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Issues related to gender, sexuality or identity
- Intergenerational and transgenerational trauma
- Racial trauma and internalised racism
- Parenting related struggles
- Sexual, physical and emotional abuse
- Hearing voices
- Intrusive thoughts and rumination
- Low self-esteem or self-confidence
- Sexual difficulties
- Bereavement and loss, including pregnancy loss
- Suicidal thoughts or feelings
Find out about my approach, and what to expect from the therapy, here.
If you would like enquire about private counselling or book an initial consultation, please contact me.